By offering the American Cancer Society Quit For Life Program,operated by Optum to employees, your company can demonstrate how much you care about your employees and the fight to save lives from cancer
The Quit For Life Program is a best-in-class telephone-based coaching and web-based learning support service brought to you by the American Cancer Society and Optum. Participants are matched with a Quit Coach who helps them develop a personalized quit plan, provides decision support for medications and delivers ongoing follow-up. This industry-leading program has helped more than 2 million tobacco users make a plan to quit for good.
The Quit For Life Program provides tobacco users the support and help they need to stay focused on their personal reasons for quitting. Those willing to make a quit attempt will receive:
• Multiple outbound coaching calls and unlimited toll-free access to a Quit Coach for the duration of the program
• Unlimited access to Web Coach®, an online community that offers e-learning tools, social support, and information about quitting
• Decision support for the type, dose, and duration of medication and direct mail order fulfillment, if appropriate
• A printed, stage-appropriate quit guide
• Tailored, motivational emails sent throughout the quitting process
After 6 months, quit rates are assessed by a follow-up call, when participants report the day they last used tobacco products. Participants who have not used tobacco in the last 30 days are considered quit.
By introducing and promoting the American Cancer Society Quit For Life Program, you can help reduce the number of employees who use tobacco and in turn, reduce your health care costs. It also can mean fewer sick days and breaks, which means an increase in employee productivity. Throughout the program, companies will receive Optum's extensive comprehensive reporting data on usage and success rates to help evaluate the program’s success.
To learn more about the Quit For Life program, please click here to contact us.
Features and Benefits
With a 96% positive brand recognition (Harris Interactive American Cancer Society 2008 Image Study), your American Cancer Society is a name your employees will trust to call when deciding they are ready to quit tobacco. With 38 years of combined experience in tobacco cessation coaching, the American Cancer Society and Optum can help your employees double their chances of quitting.
Your benefits through the Quit For Life Program include:
• Personalized quit plan and ongoing follow-up support
• Unlimited access to Web Coach, an online community (e-learning tools, social support, etc.)
• Decision support for quitting medications
• Nicotine replacement therapies mailed directly to participants’ homes
• Six-month follow-up evaluation
• Usage and success rates for companies to monitor success